My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, September 12, 2010

"Make Way for Tomorrow" - poem


A man and a maid stood hand in hand;

bound by a tiny wedding band.
Before them lay the uncertain years
that promised joy and, maybe tears.
"Is she afraid?" thought the man of the maid.

"Darling," he said in a tender voice,
"Tell me. Do you regret your choice?
'We know not where the road may wind,
'or what strange byways we may find.
'Are you afraid?" said the man to the maid.

She raised her eyes and spoke at last.
"My dear," she said, "the die is cast.
'The vows have been spoken. The rice has been thrown.
'Into the future we’ll travel alone.
'With you," said the maid, "I’m not afraid."




1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I have just gotten married and my wife and I think it is beautiful. We are now waiting for an opportunity to read it at a wedding.

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mesothelioma
mesothelioma
Locations of visitors to this page